How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie is the most famous self-help book ever written. In fact, a recent Library of Congress survey ranked it as the seventh most influential book in American history.
I know it’s hard to believe, but I first read How to Win Friends and Influence People when I was less than 10 years old. The reason for this strange fact is that my father loved reading success books, so he had a lot of self-help books on the bookshelves in our home.
Since I was desperate for my father’s approval, I thought that reading that book might help me to get it.
That’s why How to Win Friends and Influence People had a profound effect on me from a very young age.
But does this How to Win Friends and Influence People still apply in today’s modern world?
What It Means to Win Friends and Influence People
How to Win Friends and Influence People is organized in 4 sections:
- Fundamental Techniques in Dealing with People
- How to Make People Like You
- How to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
- Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
Each of these sections has brilliantly named chapters, like…
- The Big Secret of Dealing with People
- A Simple Way to Make a Good First Impression
- If You Don’t Do This, You’re Headed for Trouble
- The Secret of Socrates
- When Nothing Else Works, Try This
- How to Criticize and Not Be Hated For It
Notice how every chapter in How to Win Friends and Influence People uses principles of copywriting like benefit and curiosity.
In short, it’s nearly impossible to pick up the book and not think, “Wow, I’d like to know more about that!”
Why It’s So Important to Win Friends and Influence People
It’s important to win friends and influence people because everything we want in life comes through other people.
Want more customers? You need to influence people.
Want to be happier? Much of our happiness results from the quality of our relationships with others.
Want to be healthier? Studies show that people with strong social connections live longer and are healthier.
Imagine having customers or clients flock to your door…
Feeling confident, no matter who you’re talking to or what the situation…
Knowing you have strengths and abilities that you can share with the world.
These are some of the good things that happen when you learn how to win friends and influence people.
How to Win Friends and Influence People Today
- Read the book How to Win Friends and Influence People.
- If you’ve already read it, make it a habit to re-read the book once every year.
- As you go through the book, highlight important passages that have special meaning to you.
- Pick one element of the book – for example, how to criticize and not be hated for it.
- Make it part of your daily habits to practice at least one principle from the book.
How to Win Friends and Influence People had a profound effect on my childhood and was in large measure responsible for the work I do today at my coaching company SuccessClinic.com
People in over 120 countries have also benefited from practicing The Power Habits® of Unconsciously Successful People.
Because I walk you through my proven, 5-step formula to get rid of your head trash and have more time freedom, personal freedom, and financial freedom.
Plus, this is the exact system that has helped me and my clients make millions of dollars in just the last few years.
Get my free video training series on The Power Habits of Unconsciously Successful People at
Noah’s Note: You can win friends and influence people with the same methods that worked 100 years ago – and will work 100 years from now.
Today’s #AskNoahStJohn Show is compliments of How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
P.S. Get my proven 4-step method to Attract More Abundance in Just 5 Minutes a Day
I believe in you!
Noah St. John, Creator of Afformations®
Founder of Power Habits® Academy
Comment and share if you want more content like this…